onsdag 16. juli 2014

Green days... Iceland spring 2014.


If you love flyfishing don’t visit Iceland, you’ll just get addicted. For me the addiction started five years ago by accident.

Some flyfishing friends of mine asked me if I would like to join them for a trip to Iceland during the fall of 2011, my first call was no but just some weeks before they should leave I booked a flight and joined them.

That trip changed not only my way of fishing, it also opened my eyes to how huge the different is between Iceland and Norway how to take care of the nature, rivers and lakes.

I think we all fell in love with Iceland, with its spectacular nature and the awesome flyfishing. Since then we have come back to Iceland each fall and we have had some unforgettable trips and lots of priceless moments.

This year we agreed upon to make a trip during the late spring instead of the fall. The idea was to see if there were possibilities to do more dryfly fishing and to see if there was an even better chance to catch some big brown trout. We were also told that the seatrout still was located in the river and lakes in May before traveling back to the sea in June.

We got it all, seatrouts, big brownies and also a lot of char, I'll guess the pictures tells the story better than I can do in words...



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar